Ancient Egypt Hands-on and Printables

by Jimmie Lanley on October 14, 2010

We are using Beautiful Feet’s ancients as our history base, but we’re making room for tangents too. We’ve got several more weeks left of Ancient Egypt, so I will postpone sharing Sprite’s notebooking pages, her minibooks, and the books we read. But there’s a sneak peek at Heart of the Matter with our hieroglyph potato stamp craft.

In the meantime, here are some brand new Ancient Egypt printables:

Enjoy!

Phyllis October 15, 2010 at 9:29 pm

This is a very cool idea!

Richele October 15, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I did a search for Shakespeare this morning and the first thing to come up was your lens! You have wonderful things on all your lenses. Thank you so much for the sacrifice in time and effort you put forth for homeschooling moms and kids. I don’t get by blogs as much as I should but I did want to send a note of appreciation for all you do. I’ve been homeschooling for 9 years and have a lot under my belt but you continue to inspire me and challenge me to be a better homeschooler.

Jolanthe October 16, 2010 at 4:59 am

Ok, how sad is it that I saw your Rosetta Stone notebooking pages and was intrigued wondering how you’d made pages for the learning software. :)

duh.

Paula October 16, 2010 at 2:53 pm

What a beautiful potato stamps! We do Grade 3 Ancient Egypt with the help of Evan Moore History Pockets (pictures are hidden under my name). We keep the study of Ancient Egypt short compared to Ancient Greek and Ancient Rome since Ancient Egypt is less significant to us than the cultural heritage of the ancient Greeks and Romans.

Robin October 17, 2010 at 2:28 pm

I love how you provide all that I need for teaching ancient history. Every time I think “ugh! I have no idea how to make this more ‘hands-on’” You come to my rescue!

Thank you!

Giggly Girls October 17, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Ooooo, fun! I’ll have to remember that when we get back to ancient Eygypt. We’re still in the middle of U.S. history at the moment.

Denise October 18, 2010 at 10:23 pm

If you’d like to add some Egyptian math, I have a few resources in my Alexandria Jones series:
The Secret of the Pharaoh’s Treasure
Egyptian Math in Hieroglyphs
The Secret of Egyptian Fractions

MarshaJ October 27, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Thank you for sharing your wonderful creations and resources! My children have loved learning about hieroglyphics by making cartouches. It was just the inspiration we all needed!

SANDI October 28, 2010 at 2:58 am

I tried a similar idea with making cartouch necklaces with the kids writing their names in hieroglyphics on shrinky dinks – great fun.