2011 Great Backyard Bird Count

by Jimmie Lanley on February 7, 2011

February 18-21, 2011 is the Great Backyard Bird Count. We are going to participate, are you?

In preparation for the big weekend, we have

The Great Backyard Bird Count Website has lots of helpful information such as Tricky IDsBird Feeding Tips, and buttons for spreading the word.

For more bird helps

1. Barb’s Outdoor Challenges

Alex February 7, 2011 at 7:08 am

We are!
We did the count last year and really had fun with it. I will be doing a post this week too on this topic ;)

My Boys' Teacher February 7, 2011 at 10:30 am

Very helpful post, thank you.

This is just great. The links are really helpful.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom February 7, 2011 at 10:32 am

We are going to participate and we have been looking forward to it for months. (I know we are a strange family.)

Thanks for sharing all the links to my bird challenges. I updated some links so the entries are fresh and I also wanted to let families know that this spring we will be adding to the list of birds covered in the challenges.

Thanks for spreading the word about the Count!

Debbie February 7, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Hi Jimmie!
We’ll be playing along this year. We’ve had our feeder up for about a month so the birds know where to go for sure! We’ll do a post about it too to spread the word!

Thanks!
Deb

Mindful Drawing February 8, 2011 at 12:48 am

We always participate in Belgium. Under my name you find a drawing of our garden birds.
Enjoy your birds and I hope you will give this post a follow-up with photo’s.
Paula

Sandwich in Wi February 8, 2011 at 10:43 am

Great timing! My bird girl, Daisy, is working through Apologia’s Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day right now and this will be a great addition to that study! She’s going to be on her own to do it as I’ll be out of town scrapbooking, but fortunately she watches birds all the time and is used to the binoculars and the field guide. She’s the one who discovered we have a resident Peregrine Falcon!

Thanks for the links!

Blessings,
Sandwich

Kimberly February 9, 2011 at 10:27 pm

That is so cool! Thanks for the link!
The kids and I were just watching the different ducks we have on the river this year! It will be fun to document it ~ and a meaningful exercise for the kids!

Athena February 10, 2011 at 1:58 pm

What a great idea. We are doing a unit study on flight right now and this will be so useful. Thanks for posting.

Nikki February 16, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I’m going to get prepared for this tomorrow! Thanks for sharing the link to all the info!