On Monday night, our local homeschool group had a book sale. A lot of what was there was Abeka curriculum (which sort of pains my CM soul), but I did find some excellent living books here and there.
Here are my finds.
- How God Stopped the Pirates
- The Tinker’s Daughter A story of John Bunyan’s daughter. This will go wonderfully with the Pilgrim’s Progress study that Charlene sent me.
- Temple Cat I am a sucker for picture books, history books, and cats. What can I say?
- No Fear Shakespeare: Much Ado About Nothing
- Bard of Avon: the Story of William Shakespeare by Diane Stanley
- Tales from Shakespeare by Marcia Williams This is probably my favorite find of the sale. Sprite enjoys Shakespeare anyway. These retellings are done in a cartoon style with panels and dialog.
- A Child’s Introduction to Poetry This book & CD combination looks so good! I will be sure to review this one after we use a few lessons from it. The first part looks at different forms of poetry. The second half is about famous poets.
Have you bought any good used books lately?